There can be some really good golden nuggets found within using this tool. It searches forums and finds out what people are typing in.
So, what are the key features for Answer The Public?
- Discover what people are asking about on various platforms such as Google, YouTube, and Bing.
- Get instant, raw search insights directly from the minds of your customers.
- Uncover an untapped goldmine of content ideas by listening into autocomplete data from search engines.
- Create fresh, ultra-useful content, products, and services that your customers really want.
- Utilize the tool to add insight, validation, and creativity to your digital PR and content strategies.
- Streamline your content production and identify content ideas without manually sifting through individual keywords.
What’s great about Answer The Public?
- Meet your customers exactly where they are with eerily relevant content that drives more traffic, downloads, views, and shares.
- Keep your finger firmly on the pulse with updates when people talk about your keyword in new ways.
- Discover unexpected insights and hidden niches that boost organic search and give your campaigns a winning edge.
- Make solid business decisions and take fewer risks by utilizing real-time Google search data.
- Save time by filling your content calendar fast and saying goodbye to writer’s block with endless content ideas based on meaningful keyword search.
What you need to be aware of:
- The website does not provide detailed information about potential drawbacks or limitations at the moment.
Answer The Public Prices
The free plan offers a glimpse into the core features of AnswerThePublic but comes with significant limitations:
- Only 3 keyword searches allowed per day
- No location or language targeting
- No integration with Google Trends and Keyword Planner
- No option to hide irrelevant results
- No visualizations or API access
This plan is ideal for getting a feel of how Answer The Public works, but may not suffice for in-depth keyword research.
The Pro plan, priced at $99 per month (or $79 per month when billed annually), removes all restrictions and offers a comprehensive set of features:
- Unlimited keyword searches
- Location and language targeting
- Integration with Google Trends and Keyword Planner
- Option to hide irrelevant results
- Download visualizations as high-res images
- Support for unlimited team members
- API access (extra charges may apply)
This plan is designed to unlock the full potential of the tool for professional use.
Custom enterprise-level plans are also available upon request, offering tailored solutions to meet specific business needs.
Answer The Public Review 2023: The Most Unique Keyword Research Tool?
Finding the right keywords is one of the most important aspects of SEO. Choosing keywords with high search volume and low competition is crucial for ranking higher and driving more organic traffic to your website.
But with over 3.5 billion Google searches every single day, how do you identify the best keywords to target? This is where using the right keyword research tools becomes extremely important.
While there are many keyword research tools out there, one that stands out with its unique approach is Answer The Public.
In this in-depth Answer The Public review, we’ll cover everything you need to know about this interesting keyword tool including:
- What is Answer The Public and how it works
- Detailed features overview
- Benefits of using this tool
- Pricing plans breakdown
- Pros and cons
- Step-by-step tutorial on using Answer The Public for keyword research
- Competitors and alternative options
And a whole lot more!
So if you want to learn all about this unique keyword research tool, you’ll enjoy reading this detailed review.
Let’s get started.
What is Answer The Public?
Answer The Public is a keyword research tool that enables you to generate numerous long-tail keyword ideas around a seed keyword.
It was created by British entrepreneurs Daniel Conde and Mark Reynolds in 2016.
Here are some key things you need to know about Answer The Public:
- It pulls search data from Google Autocomplete and Bing Suggestions to show you what people are searching for online.
- The results are displayed visually in different categories like Questions, Prepositions, Alphabetical, Comparisons, and Related questions.
- You get keyword suggestions in a mind map format that’s interactive and easy to navigate.
- It sources search query data from multiple countries and languages.
- They offer a free version with limited searches as well as paid plans with more features.
- It’s designed specifically for keyword research and content ideation.
So in a nutshell, Answer The Public relies on search predictions from Google and Bing to generate numerous long-tail keyword ideas that can help you with content planning and SEO strategy.
Key Features of Answer The Public
Now let’s take a look at some of the notable features offered by this keyword research tool:
Visual Keyword Data
One of the biggest benefits of Answer The Public is that it presents keyword data visually.
As soon as you enter a seed keyword, it displays the results in a mind map format splitting keywords into various categories.
This interactive cluster-based display allows you to easily browse through the keywords and filter the results. You can also click on any sub-topic and search within that category.
So if you’re a visual learner, you’ll find this tool’s output particularly helpful.
Different Data Types
Answer The Public splits keyword suggestions into various data types:
- Questions – This shows search queries in a question format using words like who, what, where, when, why, how etc.
- Prepositions – Presents commonly used prepositions and phrases like for, without, near, before, is etc.
- Alphabetical – All keywords organized alphabetically from A to Z.
- Comparisons – Keywords containing comparison words like vs., than, best, worst etc.
- Related Questions – Highly relevant long-tail variations around the root keyword.
This breakdown allows you to easily browse keywords based on the type of information users are looking for.
Filters and Customization
The tool provides several filters to customize your keyword results:
- Hide specific keyword clusters or sub-topics that are not useful.
- Prioritize keywords by clicking on the star icon.
- Search within a category to filter keywords.
- Switch between visual view and list view.
- Download keywords as CSV.
These options are handy for focusing on the most relevant keywords and removing irrelevant suggestions.
Location and Language Targeting
Answer The Public sources search data from Google and Bing globally.
With a paid plan, you can target keywords from specific countries and languages beyond just English results. This allows you to find localized keywords in different regions.
Google Trends Integration
The tool integrates with Google Trends so you can see the search volume trends for keywords over time. This helps gauge seasonal fluctuations and identify rising/declining keyword opportunities.
Unlimited Keyword Ideas
There are no limits on how many keyword suggestions you can extract using Answer The Public. It provides endless long-tail variations for every seed keyword you search.
This makes it easy to download hundreds or even thousands of keywords for in-depth content planning and research.
Google Keyword Planner Integration
Answer The Public connects with Google Keyword Planner to pull search volume data for keywords. This gives you an estimate of monthly searches for the suggested keywords.
However, this data is limited to only 200-300 keywords which is thecutoff for Keyword Planner’s free version.
The tool lets you input a competitor website to extract keywords they may be ranking for. This is useful for keyword gap analysis and expanding your target keyword list.
However, it mainly relies on Google Autocomplete so isn’t fully accurate for competitor research.
Images for Visualizations
With a paid plan, you can download visualizations as high resolution PNG images. This helps create engaging presentations and reports using the graphics.
Support for Team Members
Paid users get support for unlimited team members without any additional charges. All users can access saved projects and export keyword data.
Answer The Public provides API access so you can integrate its keyword data into other applications. But API usage has additional charges beyond the Pro plan pricing.
Saved Keyword Projects
Registered users can save an unlimited number of keyword research projects within the tool. You can revisit them any time to expand upon or repurpose the data.
Benefits of Using Answer The Public
Now that we’ve seen the key features Answer The Public offers, let’s discuss some of the main benefits of using this tool:
Discovers Untapped Long-Tail Keywords
The #1 advantage of Answer The Public is it provides long-tail keyword variations you wouldn’t find through regular keyword research.
These ultra-specific keywords with 3 or more words have lower competition and are easier to rank for. Uncovering such hidden gems can significantly increase your website traffic.
Identifies Search Intent
By segmenting keywords into various categories, this tool tells you the type of intent behind search queries.
You can see the questions users are asking online and the comparisons they are making. This level of insight helps create content that matches searcher intent.
Easy to Use Interface
Everything from entering seed keywords to navigating results is very intuitive with Answer The Public. The interactive visual display makes keyword exploration effortless.
Because it automatically generates endless related keywords, Answer The Public is great for quickly discovering hundreds of relevant long-tail keyword opportunities in any niche.
Helps With Content Ideation
All the questions and long-tail variations provide plenty of angles and topics to write blog posts and other content assets around. No more struggling with writer’s block!
Works for All Types of Content
Whether you want to optimize sites, YouTube, Amazon listings or Google Ads, this tool gives you keyword suggestions for all needs.
Fully Legal Method
Answer The Public relies on Google Autocomplete and Bing Suggestions for keyword data. So it’s a 100% white hat tool compliant with search engine guidelines.
As you can see, this tool brings some unique benefits, especially for uncovering long-tail keywords and developing content ideas.
Next, let’s take a look at the pricing plans.
How to Use Answer The Public for Keyword Research
Now let’s go through a step-by-step walkthrough of how to use Answer The Public for keyword research:
Step 1: Enter a Seed Keyword
Go to www.answerthepublic.com and enter your main keyword in the search bar. Try to keep it 1-2 words long for broader results.
For example, “content marketing”. Hit enter.
Step 2: Review Visualized Results
The tool will display an interactive mind map with your results split into different data types – questions, prepositions, alphabetical etc.
Hover over each node to preview the keywords. Expand categories that look relevant.
Step 3: Filter Data
Use the filters on the right to narrow down your results:
- Search within a category to find sub-keywords.
- Click the star icon to save important keywords.
- Hide unrelated keyword clusters.
- Switch between visual and list view.
Step 4: Analyze Keywords
Scroll through the list view to analyze keywords qualitatively. Look for searcher intent, seasonality, location specificity etc.
Identify keywords that are a good match for your content and business. Star or save these for the next step.
Step 5: Export Keyword List
Once you’ve filtered and analyzed keywords, export them by clicking ‘Download CSV’ at the top.
You’ll get a spreadsheet with all your keywords ready for the next stage.
Step 6: Perform Quantitative Analysis
Take the CSV to a tool like Semrush, Ahrefs or Google Keyword Planner to get search volume, competition, CPC data.
Evaluate keywords quantitatively based on this data.
Step 7: Organize Final Keyword List
Compile your final keyword list in a spreadsheet after qualitative and quantitative analysis.
Organize keywords by priority, search volume, competitiveness, etc. for content creation.
This process will help you leverage Answer The Public’s capabilities fully to discover the best keywords for targeting.
Pros and Cons of Answer The Public
Let’s summarize the key advantages and limitations of this tool:
- Provides endless long-tail keyword variations
- Interactive visual display simplifies analysis
- Segmenting keywords by data type shows user intent
- Easy to filter irrelevant results
- Useful for quick content ideation
- Helps find untapped keyword opportunities
- Free version available
- Does not provide search volume or competitiveness data
- Limited accuracy for questions and comparisons
- Small preview of Google Keyword Planner metrics
- Requires another tool still for full analysis
- Pro plan is expensive for basic keyword extraction
- More suited for ideation than core keyword research
While the unique visualization and long-tail suggestions are useful, the lack of key metrics and questionable accuracy are notable drawbacks.
Answer The Public Alternatives and Competitors
Some of the top alternative tools to Answer The Public include:
Ubersuggest is a free keyword research tool from Neil Patel that offers search volume, CPC and competition data along with keyword ideas.
- Gets keywords from Google Autocomplete
- Provides estimated search volume and CPC data
- Site audit and competitor analysis
- Free version with limited searches
- Pro plans start at $29/month
SEMrush is one of the leading paid keyword research tools packed with tons of features.
- Accurate search volume and competitiveness metrics
- Keyword recommendations from multiple sources
- Comprehensive keyword difficulty analysis
- Site audit and competitor research
- Integrates with other SEMrush tools
- Prices start at $99/month
Ahrefs is a robust SEO toolkit with powerful keyword research capabilities using its own search engine index.
- Most accurate search volume and CPC data
- Keywords by difficulty level – low, medium, high
- Clickstream keyword recommendations
- Competitor tracking and backlink analysis
- Prices start at $99/month
Google Keyword Planner
Google’s free keyword research tool gives search volume and cost-per-click estimates for limited keywords.
- Official data straight from Google
- Monthly search volume and average CPC info
- Limited to only 100 keyword lookups per day
- Only shows low competition keywords
Keywordtool offers low-cost packages for long-tail keyword extraction and search volume estimates.
- Get 700+ long-tail suggestions
- Search volume estimates from multiple sources
- Keyword trend graphs
- Plans start at $27/month
AnswerHub scrapes search autocompletes and uses AI to generate endless long-tail keyword ideas.
- Constantly evolving database of 1 Billion+ keywords
- Category filters like Questions, Prepositions etc.
- Import keywords from Answer the Public
- Customized packages for teams
So for businesses that want the complete keyword research package, paid tools like SEMrush and Ahrefs would be the best Answer The Public alternatives.
Answer The Public Review Conclusion
Let’s summarize the key points about Answer The Public:
- It utilizes Google and Bing autocomplete data to deliver long-tail keyword variations and content ideas.
- The interactive visualization simplifies analyzing keywords but lacks important metrics.
- Category filters provide insights into search intent and content topics to cover.
- Limit of 3 searches per day on the free plan is very restrictive.
- Pro plan costing $99/month is relatively expensive for the limited capabilities.
- Works best as a supplementary ideation tool rather than for core keyword research.
- SEMrush, Ahrefs and Ubersuggest offer more powerful and cost-effective alternatives.
Overall, Answer The Public brings an innovative approach with its visual interface and diverse keyword categories. The endless long-tail suggestions can undoubtedly spark content ideas.
However, the tool falls short for serious keyword research due to the lack of search volume, competitiveness, and other metrics. It’s also on the pricier side considering its specific capabilities.
For most businesses, a comprehensive tool like SEMrush or Ahrefs would prove to be a better investment for both keyword research and SEO. But Answer The Public can still provide unique value as an additional source of ideas.
I hope this detailed review gives you a clear picture of what Answer The Public offers. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask below!
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some common questions about Answer The Public tool:
Is Answer The Public free to use?
Answer The Public offers a free version but with a limit of 3 keyword searches per day. For unlimited searches, you need to upgrade to the Pro plan which starts at $99/month.
What is the difference between the free and Pro plans?
The Pro plan removes all restrictions on keyword searches and adds features like location/language targeting, Google Trends integration, competitor keywords, visualizations, and API access.
Does Answer The Public provide keyword search volume data?
No, Answer The Public does not provide any search volume or difficulty metrics. You need to use a separate tool like SEMrush to get that data.
Can I download keywords from Answer The Public?
Yes, both free and paid users can export keywords in a CSV file for further analysis.
Does Answer The Public steal data from other tools?
No, Answer The Public uses only publicly available search query data from Google Autocomplete and Bing Suggestions. It does not scrape any private data sources.
Is Answer The Public safe to use or will it cause manual penalties?
Answer The Public is perfectly safe to use and compliant with search engine guidelines since it purely relies on official auto-suggest APIs. There is no risk of manual penalties.
How accurate is the data provided by Answer The Public?
The accuracy is reasonable but not 100% reliable since it depends on search predictions. The questions and comparisons category may have irrelevant keywords. Quality analysis is recommended before targeting keywords.
And that’s a wrap! I hope this comprehensive Answer The Public review has provided you with a deep understanding of this unique keyword research tool. Let me know if you have any other questions!